VIRTUAL SOUND PRACTITIONER TRAINING
MODULE 1 – 50 HOURS
JULY 6-12, 2020
We have decided to move our upcoming program to cyberspace, in order to accommodate those who are
unable to travel, and to make sure we are all safe as we gather.
This 7-day intensive module covers both theoretical and practical principles for guiding and facilitating a
well-rounded sound meditation experience.
The program is hosted by WOOM co-founders, Elian Zach and David Shemesh, and supported by
ethnomusicologist, sound researcher, and renowned sound practitioner Alexandre Tannous. Along with a
team of experts in the field, this module will provide an integrative approach to the practice and a solid
foundation of knowledge, as well as practical tools to share the work with others with integrity and
- School will commence at 11am EST every day for about 6 hours via Zoom (Zoom link (to be sent to you via email before school starts).
- The Zoom portion of training will be 25 hours of our total of 50, and will include primarily theory (as well as little practice)
- 5 hours will be dedicated to reading and watching (material will be emailed 2 weeks prior to start date).
- 20 hour of practicum will be completed at WOOM CENTER (for NY based) with Elian and Alexandre, as well as in Laurel Canyon (for west coast-based) with David.
- Practicum sessions will be in groups of 10 people, while taking all necessary precautions.