VIRTUAL SOUND PRACTITIONER TRAINING
MODULE II – 50 HOURS
JULY 20-26, 2020
We have decided to move our upcoming program to cyberspace, in order to accommodate those who are
unable to travel, and to make sure we are all safe as we gather.
This second 7-day intensive module expands upon concepts and techniques learned in the previous
module and encourages a further understanding of both the theory and practice of the sound meditation
experience, as it is viewed from a multi-disciplinary lens.
The program is hosted by WOOM co-founders, Elian Zach and David Shemesh, and supported by
ethnomusicologist, sound researcher, and renowned sound practitioner Alexandre Tannous. Along with a
team of experts in the field, this intimate module will focus on personal guidance, techniques and
approaches toward select overtone-rich instruments, as well as provide a scientific and academic body of
- School will commence at 11am EST every day for about 6 hours via Zoom (Zoom link (to be sent to you via email before school starts).
- The Zoom portion of training will be 25 hours of our total of 50, and will include primarily theory (as well as little practice)
- 5 hours will be dedicated to reading and watching (material will be emailed 2 weeks prior to start date).
- 20 hour of practicum will be completed at WOOM CENTER (for NY based) with Elian and Alexandre, as well as in Laurel Canyon (for west coast-based) with David.
- Practicum sessions will be in groups of 10 people, while taking all necessary precautions.
- This module is available only to module I graduates and to sound practitioners with two or more years of experience.